Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eva Mendes W Magazine July 2010


Talented, sexy and something of a ham, Eva Mendes proves there’s more to her than meets the eye. Here, she wears Miu Miu’s wool dress with metal adornments, at select Miu Miu boutiques, miumiu.com. David Yurman’s platinum, tourmaline and diamond ring, price upon request, at David Yurman The Townhouse, New York,


Beauty Note: Mendes heats things up but still stays cool with Shiseido Makeup Sheer Matifying Compact Foundation SPF 22; Luminizing Satin Eye Color in Squirrel, Caramel, Cavern and Slate; Smoothing Eyeliner in Brown; Perfect Mascara in Black; Accentuating Color Stick in Bronze Flush; and Perfect Rouge lipstick in Valentine.

Photographed by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Styled by Alex White

Eva Mendes releases her inner Bridget Bardot, for W magazine July 2010. I’m more amazed that we’re already at the time of year where July anything is being released. Seriously. Every day is Christmas in my head, and so I’m still in mid-January. I don’t really think I like real time just ticking by without my knowing. Anyhoo… Mendes is so stunning on the cover you’d best look at it with some shades on. You’ll be blinded by the beauty if you don’t take the appropriate measures to protect your eyes. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. She’s so purdy that I don’t even mind having to look up her nose, into her brain, on the cover itself.

On becoming a mother: “I’ve never had a longing to have children,” she says. “I’ve been thinking about it lately because it’s like, Oh, God, am I going to do this? I don’t know is the answer.”


On her Calvin Klein ads: “There I was,” she says, “all greased up, my head thrown back, and I thought, Who are you? Are you kidding me?” Later that day the curvy beauty, now ensconced in a banquette at the Carlyle hotel restaurant, laughs as she recounts how disconnected the sighting made her feel. “There’s that little surreal moment,” Mendes says. “I’m proud of it, absolutely, because why not? I can access that side quite easily, and I enjoy it, but certainly how boring if that was all I had to offer. The goal is to explore all sides.”

Nobody understands how funny she is: “It’s very hard for me to be seen as funny, and the truth is, that’s where I’m most comfortable,” she says when talk turns to her latest film, The Other Guys, which opens in August and also stars Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg. Mendes plays über woman Sheila Gamble, a Knicks dancer–turned–doctor married to a dunderhead of a forensics cop (Ferrell) who doesn’t realize what a babe his wife is. “These are the two comments I get from people when they meet me,” says Mendes, who lives in Los Angeles but is in New York for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute gala. “‘You seem a lot taller on film,’ and ‘You’re funny.’ If people hang out with me, they see I’m a ham.”

On her comedic turn in The Other Guys: “It was completely liberating,” she says of the opportunity to play in another key. “Never have I had so much fun with a character and felt so natural at it. Had I done this movie three years ago, I wouldn’t have had the confidence to throw it back at Will, and now, if anything, I was overly confident. I didn’t know when to stop!”

On nudity in a film: “I’ve never had a problem with nudity, but I don’t put it out there without a reason,” says Mendes. “I’m not an exhibitionist. But, honestly, for my art I’ll do anything, almost. I’ll go there.”

Eva is “incredibly calculated” about her career: “I know I walk a fine line between being a respected actor and being what they call a sex symbol,” she says. “It’s a hard one to walk if you want to be known as a real, credible actor. But I’ve never felt objectified. Nothing you see me do is an accident. I might act like it’s an accident, but the opposite is true. I’m incredibly calculated when it comes to my career.”

Source

0 comments:

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates