Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Katy Perry Beauty Secrets




Katy Perry Exclusive: Our Cute Cover Girl Dishes About Her Favorite Lipstick, Nail Polish, Face Stuff & More!

GLAMOUR: How do you get your lipstick to stay put?


KATY PERRY: Well, I never wear a gloss because my hair gets in the gloss ‘cause I move around too much and it streaks on my face. I’m just more of a matte girl in general. It’s just what I like.

Is there a specific matte brand or style that you like?

Nouba is a lipstick that I love. It’s a blue-red lipstick with a little gold shimmer in it. I also blot it with a tissue and then I put powder over it—and then it stays. And stains are perfect too. [Especially] The Benefit stain.

What is one beauty product you used in high school and still use today?

Palmer’s cocoa butter body lotion. I lotion every day. I can’t leave the house without it!

What’s your favorite makeup remover?

It’s Shu Uemura. It’s an oil that you put dry on your hands and just use on your face and towel it off! It’s so good because…it takes all of it, it just lifts it really well.

What's the most surprising thing in your bathroom/makeup kit? Anything that we might not expect to see?

I love the Bumble and Bumble dry shampoo black powder. I use that all the time. Oh, I live and die by baby wipes. I use ‘em for my hands and my makeup… and there’s this egg-shaped sponge that I live and die by too.





How many lipsticks do you usually travel with?

I travel with a makeup artist so they travel with a lot.

But what about you? Like, do you have any in your fabulous bag?

Yeah, probably like three. But I kind of collect them: It doesn’t matter who they are, it’s the color and the feel. You know, it could be Wet ‘n’ Wild for me--I’m not particular. [Later Perry revealed that she had one of YSL's Rouge Volupte lipsticks stashed in her purse.]

Any other beauty faves?

I love my Minx nails. They’re fabulous. I love nail decals. [Shows nails with a “25” on one nail.] That one says 25, 2-5, because it was for my 25th birthday--I had a Willy Wonka themed birthday.

Those are great! Are those perfectly shaped nails yours or are they fake?

No, it’s just a sticker on top. I’m peeling them off right now because I have a shoot tomorrow, but they’re great. They last forever. And there is no drying time, so literally if I needed to pack my apartment after I got my nails done, I could. It’s brilliant. And you know, I’m such a hands-on person, playing my guitar all the time, etc.


Do you use stickers regularly, or just for this?

I usually only wear Minx because the regular manicure or only lasts 2 and 1/2 days on me. I’m using my hands too much. And that doesn’t sound appropriate. [laughs]


Okay, the one beauty product you’d freak out over if they took it off the market?


Secret Camouflage 2 by Laura Mercier.

How do you get your hair to look so shiny?

Um, the blood of virgins. [laughs] No, I use a L’Oreal Professional color hair shampoo and conditioner. I live and die by that, too. (It comes in a pink bottle.)

What skin care products do you use on a daily basis?

I just started using, about six months ago, Proactive. I had done treatments and peels and microderms and stuff like that, and nothing was working because I actually started breaking out right when all this happened--I think because I was so stressed out. I had used Proactive early on when I was a kid--and either I didn’t know how to use it right, and so it didn’t work on me...but then I started to use it again, more sensibly. And it’s like the only thing that’s really worked for me since. It makes everything flat.




Katy Perry Beauty Secrets

0 comments:

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates